Local service ads are a great way to make your business stand out in your area. There is a lot to think about when looking into purchasing local service ads, but here are five quick things that might help you decide if this is a good option for you:
- They occupy prime real estate at the top of the Google search page. For mobile users, it takes up more real estate and brings in more leads.
- In order to run a local service ad, you need to become Google guaranteed or Google screened.
- Local service ads are not available in every industry or every area.
- Google charges you per lead, not per click.
- There are many benefits to Google services ads.
Prime Search Real Estate
When a service is searched in Google, the first results that pop up are the local service ads. For mobile users, the top two ads are shown, and to see more service ads, click “more options.”
The top three local service ads will show when searched on a computer. To see more results, you also have to select “more options.”
Google must screen your business to participate in local service ads. During this process, a business must pass the Google screening and qualification process for their business category. There are several different checks that Google runs including; background checks, business entity checks, insurance checks, license checks, and advanced verification. If a business passes all of the checks, then they are available to receive the Google Guarantee badge. This badge is great for businesses because it ensures a customer will get good quality work when hiring your company. Google will reimburse an unsatisfied customer if Google guaranteed business provided the service; subject to a lifetime limit.
A business can be google screened, but not google guaranteed. This means that a business has passed all of the necessary screening and qualifications, but is not backed by Google guarantee.
Local services are only available for certain service categories to help benefit the customer and the business best. The list of currently available industries that can run local service ads is quite long, so the chances that your business is eligible are high. To check to see if your business is eligible click here.
Per Lead Payment
One of the big benefits of local service ads is you only pay for leads related to your services. This means you are not paying per click. Google does most of the work for you when finding valid leads. You start out by setting an average weekly budget based on the number of leads you want to receive in a week. Google stops running the ad after the leads have met the budget. If there are any leads that you believe are invalid, Google allows you to dispute the lead. Google will credit the money back to your business if there is an invalid lead.
Local Service Ads Benefits
In addition to the benefit of paying per lead, google provides many ways that local service ads are better than running a typical ad.
- Customers see your ads at the top of the Google search page.
- Since you only pay for a valid lead, you are more likely to book a customer who interacts with your local service ad.
- Ads are free to start, you only pay when there is an active lead.
- Google has a mobile app that allows you to communicate with customers at any time. It also keeps your leads organized and in one place.
- With the Google guarantee or Google screened, you have already built trust with the customer who is clicking on your ad.
- Customers can schedule a booking directly through your ad, this convenience makes it more likely for them to book. Click this link to learn more about booking and managing leads.
Local Service Ads with PersistSEO
Struggling to find time to manage your Google Service Ads? As an Alpharetta SEO company, we can help you free up time, so you can focus on making your company the best it can be. Let us help you take your company to the next level by improving your SEO. For a free consultation, fill out our “get started form”.